What is the Meaning of
for English Language Learners (ELL) – those learning to speak English as a Second Language (ESL), or English as an Additional Language (EAL)
spend your childhood and teen years; become an adult
1. “When I grow up,” said the little boy, with a big smile, “I am going to be a firetruck!”
2. She grew up in Mexico. She moved to Canada to finish her university degree.
3. When we were growing up, we spent a lot of time with my grandparents.
4. When she was grown up, her grandmother gave her a family heirloom ring.
act like an adult; behave more maturely
1. I can’t believe you did that! When are you going to grow up?!
2. Grow up and stop acting like such an idiot!
|present –||GROW UP|
|present participle –||GROWING UP|
|past –||GREW UP|
|past participle –||GROWN UP|