What is the meaning of the English word… WEAVE?
- twist and turn from side to side while moving in order to avoid obstructions
- repeatedly swing the head and top of the body from side to side
- form fabric by attaching long threads in one direction, then taking more long threads and, at a 90 degree angle, going over and under the first set of threads
1. That driver is either texting or drunk. Look at the way he is weaving in and out of traffic!
2. I was so nervous. As I talked to her, I could feel the top of my body weaving back and forth a little. I must have looked like a crazy person.
3. She wove a beautiful blanket on her weaving loom for their baby.
Note: Some vocabulary words have more than one definition. This vocabulary is used in the online courses below.