What is the meaning of the English word
- not obvious; hard to see or notice
- so delicate or precise that it is difficult to analyze or describe
- not showing your real purpose
- When he told her he wanted to work in another country, she immediately said, “No; I won’t leave my family.” So the following day he tried again, using a more subtle approach. He said, “Did you know that engineers overseas earn three times as much as I am earning here?”
- Although my grandmother prepared local dishes, all her cooking had a subtle taste of the food from her home country.
- (used as a noun) When you move toward fluency, you begin to understand some of the subtle meanings in the language you are learning.