What is the meaning of the English word… SPASM?
- a temporary and sudden release of energy, emotion or stress
- a sudden and usually brief occurrence of something you cannot control
- a sudden uncontrolled and often painful tightening of a muscle
1. Maria’s muscles went into spasms when she finished her 23 kilometre run.
2. He had a long coughing spasm.
3. She is suffering from spasms of guilt because she went on a big spending spree.
4. Just before I went onto the stage to give my presentation, I was seized with a spasm of anxiety.