What is the meaning of the English word… SICKENING?
- causing a feeling of nausea or disgust
- irritation, annoyance, an unpleasant sensation
- With a sickening feeling, I realized that I had missed the entry deadline.
- The photos of the bomb site were sickening.
- When I saw the police car turn on his lights behind me, I pulled over with a sickening feeling. I had been speeding, and I was going to get a big ticket.
Note: Many vocabulary words have more than one definition. The definition shown here is for the online courses below.