What is the meaning of the English word… LEAP?
- move quickly and suddenly
- jump a long way, very high or suddenly
- When I count to three, everyone leap in the air and I will take the photo.
- He leapt over the bicycle on the ground and kept on running.
- With one giant leap, the frog got out of the container.
- The clock read 7:50 am! He leapt out of bed; he was going to be late for work!
|past:||LEAPED or LEAPT|
|past participle:||LEAPED or LEAPT|
The vowel sound in LEAP is the same as the sound at the beginning of EQUAL.
The vowel sound in LEAPT is the same as the sound at the beginning of ELEPHANT.
Note: Many vocabulary words have more than one definition. The definition shown here is for the online courses below.