What is the meaning of the English word… FLUTTER?
(verb or countable noun) small, quick movements; such as those of a bird’s wings, or of eyelashes
- She fluttered her eyelashes, playfully. (verb)
- At about four months into a pregnancy, a woman should start to feel the baby move. In the beginning, it feels like a little flutter. (noun)
- The bird fluttered its wings, uncertain about landing.
- The rose petals fluttered to the ground.
- Hundreds of butterflies fluttered near the flowers.
Note: Many vocabulary words have more than one definition. Not all the definitions are shown here.