What is the meaning of the English word…
(countable noun) a daily record of events and experiences (also known as a journal)
- Her grandmother kept a diary for years. She can tell you what the weather was on this day 40 years ago!
- The doctor asked me to keep a diary of everything I eat for the next 14 days.
- Anne Frank’s famous diary was published as a book.
- The teacher told the kids to keep a diary (or journal) of what they did during the summer holiday.
- “Dear Diary, Today the dog did a somersault. Other than that, not much has been happened.”
Note: Many vocabulary words have more than one definition. The definition shown here is for the online English course below.