What is the Meaning of the Expression
IN ORDER TO?
- as a way to accomplish something
- This expression has the same meaning as SO THAT.
- IN ORDER TO is followed by a base verb. (e.g., in order to have enough …)
- SO THAT is followed by a noun. (e.g., so that he would have enough …
1. In order to have enough time for everyone to speak, we ask that you limit your comments to 2-3 minutes per person, please.
2. We need to leave now in order to get to your grandmother’s in time for dinner.
Note: The definition and example shown above are for the following course: