What is the meaning of WORK ON?
work on s.t.
This means to spend time trying to achieve/accomplish something.
1. I left my car at the mechanic’s. He is going to work on it tomorrow.
2. She is working on a sequel to her first novel.
3. His golf swing is great because he has worked on it for years.
4. See STORY example of WORK ON: I’ll work on it for awhile and catch up with you.
5. Click the following link to read an article in the Edmonton Sun newspaper for an example of WORK ON: A scientist who won the Nobel prize for medicine on Monday for work on fighting cancer died of the disease himself just three days before he could be told of his award, and after using his own discoveries to extend his life.
(Note that WORK ON is used as a noun in the Edmonton Sun article. Verb: The scientist worked on fighting cancer.)
|present participle:||WORKING ON|
|past participle:||WORKED ON|