What is the Meaning of GROW UP?
spend your childhood and teen years; become an adult
1. “When I grow up,” said the little boy, with a big smile, “I am going to be a firetruck!”
2. She grew up in Mexico. She moved to Canada to finish her university degree.
3. When we were growing up, we spent a lot of time with my grandparents.
act like an adult; behave more maturely
1. I can’t believe you did that! When are you going to grow up?!
2. Grow up and stop acting like such an idiot!
|present participle:||GROWING UP|
|past participle:||GROWN UP|