What is the Meaning of FREEZE OUT?
freeze s.o. out
freeze out s.o.
- to exclude (i.e., not include) someone
- act in a cold and unfriendly way that clearly excludes someone from something
- prevent involvement by unfriendly behaviour, boycotting, etc.
1. Maria doesn’t like Josh, so she is trying to freeze him out of our group of friends. She doesn’t want us to invite him when we go out, she won’t answer his texts, and she ignores him when we’re all together.
2. The high housing prices are freezing out single-income families.
3. That construction company is trying to freeze out their new competition by spreading negative rumours.
|present participle:||FREEZING OUT|
|past participle:||FROZEN OUT|