What is the meaning of FOLLOW UP
follow something up
follow up on something
find more information about something (or someone) and take action if necessary
1. Will you please follow up on this email and find out if we need to send the insurance company more information?
2. Let’s follow up to make sure the client is satisfied with what we offered.
3. Health officials are following up on complaints about the restaurant’s lack of cleanliness.
to do something soon after you have done something else, especially in order to make sure it is successful
1. The doctor wants to follow up his first treatment with a second treatment six weeks later.
2. We will follow up our first advertising campaign with a second one, which will start at the beginning of the month.
|present –||FOLLOW UP|
|present participle –||FOLLOWING UP|
|past –||FOLLOWED UP|
|past participle –||FOLLOWED UP|