What is the meaning of
count on s.o./s.t.
- to count on someone is to know that you can trust, or depend on that person to do what is required
- to count on something is to trust, or expect, that the thing will work the way you need it to work
1. He’s an excellent plumber. You can count on him to fix your water leak.
2. Don’t count on him. He never does what he says he will. He will let you down.
3. I feel as though we can count on something going wrong every time we travel!
|present participle:||COUNTING ON|
|past participle:||COUNTED ON|