What is the meaning of
check on s.o./s.t.
- monitor or look at the condition of someone or something
- check to see how they are doing
- I don’t hear the children. I had better check on them.
- Can you please check on the cake? It should be ready to come out of the oven soon.
- You can go online and check on the status of your application.
|present participle:||CHECKING ON|
|past participle:||CHECKED ON|
Note: Many phrasal verbs have more than one meaning. The definition and example 2 above applies to the online course below.