What is the meaning of
check on s.o./s.t.
- monitor or look at the condition, or progress, of someone or something
- check to see how someone, or something, is doing
- I don’t hear the children. I had better check on them.
- Can you please check on the cake? It should be ready to come out of the oven soon.
- Everyone else’s meal in the restaurant arrived in 15 minutes, but mine didn’t. The server said he would check on it and see why it wasn’t ready.
|present participle:||CHECKING ON|
|past participle:||CHECKED ON|
Note: Many phrasal verbs have more than one meaning.