What is the Meaning of CATCH UP?
- to gradually get closer to a moving person or vehicle in front of you
- do work or tasks that should have been done earlier
- get to the place you should be / are expected to be
- I arrived at the race late. Even though I am a faster runner than some of the others, I knew I could not catch up.
- I have Saturday off work. I am hoping to catch up on my laundry. I have almost nothing left to wear!
- See example of catch up: I felt as though I would never catch up with him.
- See STORY example of catch up: I’ll work on it for awhile and catch up with you.
|present participle:||CATCHING UP|
|past participle:||CAUGHT UP|
Note: Many phrasal verbs have more than one definition. This page does not include all the meanings.