What is the Meaning of the Idiom
EAT LIKE A HORSE?
to eat a lot
1. My mom always cooks a lot of extra food when my older brother and his friend come for dinner because they eat like horses.
2. When Jesse goes hiking, he comes home with a big appetite and eats like a horse.
3. My cousin used to eat like a horse. He weighed 200 pounds when he was 17 years old.
Important Cultural Tips
In western cultures (such as Canada), the following table manners are important:
- chew with your mouth closed (do not let others see the chewed food in your mouth);
- chew and drink quietly;
- do not talk with food in your mouth;
- do not drink from a soup bowl; and
- absolutely no burping.