How Canadians Feel about Bugs
You probably know that the temperature in Canada drops below the freezing point in the winter.
This means that:
- most bugs do not live long;
- there are almost no bugs visible in the winter;
- bugs do not grow very big in Canada;
- bugs are quite easy to control; and
- if there are bugs in a hotel or business, it probably means that the building is not being properly cleaned.
Many Canadians are afraid of large bugs because they are not accustomed to seeing them.
This can be challenging for Canadians who travel for the first time to a hot country. When they return home, they may tell stories about how big the bugs were. It is not uncommon to hear someone respond, “That’s disgusting! I could never travel there because I hate bugs.”
Many Canadians associate crawling bugs, in a building, with uncleanliness and disease.
Look at the second example on this webpage about a hotel that is referred to as a dump.